1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pied bushchat, India (had to get close to get good bokeh)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bkaushik, May 15, 2007.

1. This guy was very co-operative. I first took a shot from a distance to be on safer side (for he may fly away as i approcah him). This was image #1 shown below.

Then i approached him very very slowly to get a closer shot. Everytime he would look at me, i would freeze in the same place a like a statue. After he gets convinced tht i am not a threat to him, he starts looking away from me and then i start moving closer to him again gradually.
    Eventually i made this image #2 and left the place quietly. He still remained on the same perch.

Bird photography is indeed challenging and requires lots of patience and perseverence... :) 

#1 (from a distance - but cropped later)
    499413624_ac1dbe58e9_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 (almost fullframe)
    499404174_1a6fbb969d_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hope you like them...

Both images made with Nikon D70s body and Bigma.

C & C are welcome...

rgds,

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images:>))

3. Well done. Nice catch light in the eye.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.