Pier 39 Fruit Market

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

San Francisco

Nice shot, they've really transformed that area into a something that looks nice. Back in the 1960's I'd pick up a 98 cent bottle of disgustingly sweet plum wine from Cost Plus (they had a store near Fishermans Wharf) and do my best to act out "Sitting on the dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding. Other than a few restaurants, the area was pretty run down and a good place to not be bothered.

Nice shot, they've really transformed that area into a something that looks nice. Back in the 1960's I'd pick up a 98 cent bottle of disgustingly sweet plum wine from Cost Plus (they had a store near Fishermans Wharf) and do my best to act out "Sitting on the dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding. Other than a few restaurants, the area was pretty run down and a good place to not be bothered.

I used to work for a company named Hewlett-Packard in the 80s, and spent 6-9 months my first year in the bay area on training. Spent many a weekend day up at Pier 39.... always a fun spot. Nice captures!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Rick, we'll need a sound sample... :wideyed:;):)

Kind regards
Klaus

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom