Pileated woodpecker

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    That was very enjoyable Lou! In #4547 there is a large excavation in progress, did they use that area?

2. Thanks for looking Andy and if you think that hole is large you should see that tree now, unbelievable, I don't know what holds it up but when it goes so does my electric. It's a good 100 feet tall and about 18 inch Diameter. No they do not use the cavity for nesting dust drilling practice.:biggrin::biggrin:

3. Nice set Lou! sure wish I was in your back yard!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Lets have a party in Lou's back yard.
    Geeezzzz
    Those are great.

There is a pair around here. Elusive devils.When one landed on the pole outside my apt on the third floor, I was down stairs with no camera.
    I really cursed him. I called him everthing but a bird.
    I have two bad shots of one.
    Could have been a full frame, sun in the right place ,late after noon and I would have been looking east.

5. Thanks Ray for the long look. I know 40 is a lot to look at but I have so many of this pair and I just can't place any more than I have as it is proberly longer than it should be now.
    Lou

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice set Lou. They don't let you get close around here.

7. Well Gale consider that a lesson learned. I don't even go to my burn barrell with out a camera:wink::wink: I do always carry one in the wagon though and that is the best way I know of to catch a red tail. Some of my best red tails are from my wagon. Thanks for taking the time to look at 40 slides as that is a lot but you should see the one I have on large marshbirds:biggrin:
    Lou

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2007
  8. Love this bird's "call". . . . we must have a nest not too far away since I have heard them off and on since Spring but seen them only once in my yard this year. . .this is a very elusive bird out this way and on my short list to shoot. . . great shots.

9. Thanks Frank as I know it is a long slide show. Most of these I have taken from a blind in a window of my house. Being a widower and living as I feel like I can create things most wifes would leave you for with all your money:biggrin:
    Lou

10. Thanks for the long look Mr. Ricco. Yes they do have a sweet talking voice as I also hear them a lot as this pair is around me just about all year banging on trees that could be used for a drum but I love it.
    Lou