Pileated Woodpeckers.

This was really awesome for me today. After several hours, a couple of trips, finally caught both of them there. It looked like the changing of the guards.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

George in Arkansas.

I am really really jealous. I have a pair around here. I have seen it fly from woods to woods across the street. The streek, I call it. grrrr.
He landed on a phone pole the other day an I got a shot. Not one I would put on here.:>))) I have been trying for a year to get this guy.

Really nice shots you have...And a pair...geeeezzzz

Maybe one day I will get one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am really really jealous. I have a pair around here. I have seen it fly from woods to woods across the street. The streek, I call it. grrrr.
He landed on a phone pole the other day an I got a shot. Not one I would put on here.:>))) I have been trying for a year to get this guy.

Really nice shots you have...And a pair...geeeezzzz

Maybe one day I will get one.
The streek, your right about that. They act like they have ants in their pants. Just when you think you can get a shot, they move off. The location of this one is in a dead tree next to the creek that runs next to town. I set up my tripod in the middle of the creek and wait. With my muck boots on of course, water isn't that warm yet.

I got several shots of this one, at different f/stops, but now I wished I had shot a faster shutter speed. But, thats part of learning this stuff.

Thanks for looking Gail.

George.

Very nice shots. The pileated wp is one bird I want to capture. I have only seen one one tiem. I did have my camera but I got a lousy shot.

I am tempted to ask for a stuffed one in the for sale section. Then I can stick it on a tree and take as many shots as I want.:smile:

........The streek, your right about that. They act like they have ants in their pants. ...........
George.
Isn't that the truth! They are so frustrating. Luckily last week this particular one apparently found a cache of ants or something in a dead tree. It obssessed for five minutes at that hole. Finally!

Rich

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very nice ,good timeing!!
Thank you Radz.

Enjoyed the change of guards pic. Thanks.
Thank you Sam.

Very nice shots. The pileated wp is one bird I want to capture. I have only seen one one tiem. I did have my camera but I got a lousy shot.

I am tempted to ask for a stuffed one in the for sale section. Then I can stick it on a tree and take as many shots as I want.:smile:
Thank you Joseph.

Isn't that the truth! They are so frustrating. Luckily last week this particular one apparently found a cache of ants or something in a dead tree. It obssessed for five minutes at that hole. Finally!

Rich
It makes you feel good when you finally get the shot.

George.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom