Pileated Woodpeckers.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by GeoKost, Apr 29, 2007.

1. This was really awesome for me today. After several hours, a couple of trips, finally caught both of them there. It looked like the changing of the guards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

George in Arkansas.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice captures George. :smile:

3. Thanks Frank. I was not expecting the one to come out like it did, I wished I would have had my shutter faster. But, then I learned something.

George.

4. Looks good George. I really like #4.

5. sylwesterski

sylwesterski

Jul 25, 2006
    Seattle,WA
    Great pics, I love Woodpeckers.

6. Nice shots!

Anthony

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I am really really jealous. I have a pair around here. I have seen it fly from woods to woods across the street. The streek, I call it. grrrr.
    He landed on a phone pole the other day an I got a shot. Not one I would put on here.:>))) I have been trying for a year to get this guy.

Really nice shots you have...And a pair...geeeezzzz

Maybe one day I will get one.

8. Thanks Will, Sylwesterski, and Anthony.

George.

9. The streek, your right about that. They act like they have ants in their pants. Just when you think you can get a shot, they move off. The location of this one is in a dead tree next to the creek that runs next to town. I set up my tripod in the middle of the creek and wait. With my muck boots on of course, water isn't that warm yet.

I got several shots of this one, at different f/stops, but now I wished I had shot a faster shutter speed. But, thats part of learning this stuff.

Thanks for looking Gail.

George.

10. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Very nice ,good timeing!!

11. Enjoyed the change of guards pic. Thanks.

12. Very nice shots. The pileated wp is one bird I want to capture. I have only seen one one tiem. I did have my camera but I got a lousy shot.

I am tempted to ask for a stuffed one in the for sale section. Then I can stick it on a tree and take as many shots as I want.:smile:

13. Isn't that the truth! They are so frustrating. Luckily last week this particular one apparently found a cache of ants or something in a dead tree. It obssessed for five minutes at that hole. Finally!

Rich

14. Thank you Radz.

Thank you Sam.

Thank you Joseph.

It makes you feel good when you finally get the shot.

George.