Pine Grosbeak in yard

Took a page out of Randy's book and sat in my courtyard with the Z6 on silent mode so as not to scare away these beautiful birds.
My camera was quiet. Unfortunately the squirrels were in harass mode.

Pine grosbeak 7944 processed.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pine grosbeak 7990  processed.jpg

This was taken with the D6 from the other day when they were chased into the tree by the marauding squirrel.
Pine Grosbeak perched 0504-X4.jpg

Nice shooting, Bob. I really like the last one. When I went out to play ball with the dog yesterday we had a flock of half a dozen of them in our yard. They were about 30 feet up in a larch tree and appeared to be feeding on something. Not the cones. I didn't bother getting the camera. It was pretty dark and all they were offering was butt shots from below. So I just enjoyed watching them for a few minutes.

Beautiful pictures Bob like always.
You have a great backyard.
Well done.😁
thanks again Boblou.
Nice shooting, Bob. I really like the last one. When I went out to play ball with the dog yesterday we had a flock of half a dozen of them in our yard. They were about 30 feet up in a larch tree and appeared to be feeding on something. Not the cones. I didn't bother getting the camera. It was pretty dark and all they were offering was butt shots from below. So I just enjoyed watching them for a few minutes.
Thanks Dan. I've been struggling to get a decent shot of one of these beauties perched on a limb with a bit of snow, and in good light. Unfortunately it's been gloomy when they are around, but this too will change. Outside vigilance however is getting more uncomfortable as the weather gets colder.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom