Pink Plumaria for comment (early D2x attempt)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by overlock, Jul 2, 2005.

1. overlock

overlock

May 14, 2005
    Lihue, Hawaii
    Experimenting with NC for this image.

Comments please

Aloha, Bob

2. Nice flowers. Perhaps a little underexposed however.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    That's a unique flower, Bob,

What kind is it? But, I agree w/Justin, it does appear to be underexposed. According to my IE's Exif reader, you shot it @-1EV. With nothing bright in the scene, what was your logic behind that decision? Trust the meter, Bob! :wink: Would like to see that shot again with the proper exposure!

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Plumaria i one of my favorite flowers and smell so heavenly.

6. Nice shot Bob. I agree with MontyDog's suggestions. If I remember well, my mother used to dry such flowers then infused them with green tea.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice shot Bob. Have to agree with the EV comments. Like another poster suggested, you should be able to raise the EV level in NC without re-shooting though.

8. overlock

overlock

May 14, 2005
    Lihue, Hawaii
    Thank you all for the comments. I was trying to avoid burning out the white spots in the background and that is why it is underexposed. This is a long learning path and I shall keep going.
    Aloha, Bob

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bob,

In cases like this, a little fill flash can be used to illuminate the foreground subjects against a strong back light. It takes practice to get just the right amount, but it can definitely make a big difference.

Regards,

10. overlock

overlock

May 14, 2005
    Lihue, Hawaii
    Frank,
    Thank you for the advice. That sounds right.