Pink Trillium

Real Name
Mike
The trillium are exploding in my area. Not sure of the exact variety, but they sure are purty!

pink%20trillium-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking! :smile:​

Real Name
Mike
I thought so too. There were several that had some color to them. This one had the most.

Did you catch the link I posted in one of Jim's threads. It's right around the corner from you....somewhere. :wink:

A Secluded Trillium Paradise

Mike, Chad -- according to discussion in the link** above, the color begins to change to pink after the flower has been pollinated. I vaguely recall that JimT made a similar comment several years ago.

**Good site, Mike, with LOTS of Ohio wildflower information:cool:

Mike, Chad -- according to discussion in the link** above, the color begins to change to pink after the flower has been pollinated. I vaguely recall that JimT made a similar comment several years ago.

That one is a beauty, Mike.

Bob, I don't know about pollination as I am no botanist, but I do know that they all turn pink before losing their petals.

Real Name
Mike
Beautiful shot Mike! Great comp and I have never seen one in pink either.
Thanks Chad. I see them from time to time.

That's interesting! Something else I need to research.

YES! A very good site. I subscribed to it the moment I found it and have spent hours going through back posts, catching up with his travels. I've "talked" to him several times through email. He is originally from my area. Would love to be able to get together with him on some of his journeys.

That one is a beauty, Mike.

Bob, I don't know about pollination as I am no botanist, but I do know that they all turn pink before losing their petals.
Thanks Jim! Research and more research! I love discovering new info about "old" things.

That is a Large-flowered trillium (Trillium grandiflorum), according to my wife. She is usually correct.
That's what I had in mind. Just hadn't done a positive ID on it. Thanks!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom