Pitchers and catchers

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Some more form Saturdays shoot all with the D2X and the 300 2.8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Great series! Absolutely love #4! :smile:

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Another fantastic series...my favorites (and they were hard to pick from) are #4 and #11. Probably #11 is my overall fav, I love the expression.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow good eye Mike:>))))

5. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    All great as alwauys....Love the faces...Is that a little selective color in #9...I like yours better.

6. perfect

7. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    You really capture the essence of the player and the sport. I love the one of the catcher with his eyes closed and the dirt flying. Fantastic!

8. Just flat-out awesome shots, Mike!

9. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    Great series

10. Man these are outstanding. How come I can see all the faces when they should be hidden by the caps/masks? How come I can see the faces and everything else isn't blown out? Why can you take shots like this and I can't ????????

Arggggg... these are STUNNING !!!!

11. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Dennis..I ask myself that everyday.:biggrin:

I think it's the same way you get to Carnegie Hall...practice, practice, practice...:smile:

BTW, I'm in Greenwood, just a few miles North of you.

12. Good series of pictures. Younger athletes are as intense as older ones. I like the confidence shown in picture #9.

Rob

13. Thanks no no special treatment here at all but you are right it looks like it

14. Again thanks all for the wonderful comments I truly do appreciate you taking the time and commenting on my images I try to improve each week and if wasn't for the tips and critiques I have received on here I never will get better

15. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

shot 4 and 5 are my favorite..... absolutly fantastic .... your making not having my camera VERY VERY hard !!!

16. Outstanding Mike, you're off to a great season!

17. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow, if images like these don't motivate everyone to get out and shoot some sports, nothing will. I just love viewing these types of shots. The kind of images that make Grandmas and Grandpas bubble with happiness.