Pittsburg (not the city)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by ZBaum, May 4, 2007.

1. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

A couple of shots of the Pittsburg building here on campus. I metered the sky, and then used a single-image HDR technique to bring out details in the building. The second photo looks a bit tilted to me, but with my 28-70mm I couldn't get wide enough to allow for cropping room. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Zach, both look tilted to me, and the second seems better with a little perspective adjustment. I do like the color better in the second one. [Maybe I've been trying too hard to do better with my own buildings.]

3. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Thanks Bob. I've never been very good at shooting buildings, and always have nasty perspective problems. I'm usually pretty good with tilting, but I didn't even notice it in the first one, probably because of the angle of the shot.