PK-13 + 55mm Micro Nikkor, metering?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by PeteZ28, Sep 6, 2008.

1. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    I was recently given a 55mm f/2.8 Micro Nikkor by my uncle. I have a PK-3 tube that I "modified" to fit onto my D200/D300. Basicly, in a lathe, I turned down the housing so it no longer hits the lever on the body of the camera. If you look at the PK-13, it indexes off of that lever (the one around the outside of the lens mount).

The problem is it does not meter properly. I have to set exposure comp every time I stop down, or go into non-CPU lens data to set it at, say, f/22.

If I get a PK-13 tube, will the camera accuratly meter when I stop down with the aperature ring?

2. Pete,

Yes, the PK-13 will meter with AI lenses and AI capable camera bodies like the PN-11 that came with my 104 f/4 AI Micro. I went looking for my PK-13 and could not find it. Oh well, don't use something for 10 or so years and look what happens :smile:

Here is a link to Mir.Com.My Page on 55mm Micro

Warm regards,

3. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Bill, thanks for the quick reply. I think my uncle had one of those in the bag too. He shoots Canon but inherited a few Nikon AF lenses and a low end AF film body a few years ago. Nothing really good except the Micro and a 28/2.8. I'll have to ask him if I can have the PK-13 that is "supposed" to go with the macro lens :wink:

4. rolsen

rolsen

Apr 12, 2008
    Finland
    At least my PN-11 works and meters fine with D200/D300, so, PK-13 should work also.

5. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    PK-13 meters fine with my AIS 105/2.8 on D200. It is an auto tube which allows the aperture of the lens to be fully open when focusing but closes down when you release the shutter.

My old M and E2 extension tubes (non AI) are not auto, meaning that when I twist the aperture ring on the lens the aperture actually closes immediately causing a very dark viewfinder image. Otherwise these work fine and metering works perfectly as well.

With D200/D300 any tube would work and give good metering, even bellows, or ad-hoc homemade tubes from tissue paper rolls.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.