Places to shoot around New Smyrna

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by daodang, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Hi,

I'm going for two weeks vacation in August at New Smyrna Beach and planning to go shooting a lot. I would like to have informations about interesting locations to shoot birds, flowers, butterflies etc. in the area from St-Augustine to Cocoa Beach including Orlando. I already have on my list GatorLand (Orlando) and Alligator farm (St-Augustine).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best regards.

2. We attended the first Merritt Island Shoot in February. Be sure to check out the photos from it and the recent second shoot.
    Best spots:
    1) Merritt Island National Wildlife Reserve east of Titusville - don't miss Blackpoint Drive.
    2) Viera Wetlands (Actually a wastewater treatment facility) just west of I-95 about 10 miles south of Cocoa Beach - Sign in at the office.
    3) Titusville Wastewater Treatment Facility just west of I-95 at route 50 exit in Titusville - Sign in at the office.
    Possible others:
    4/5) Sebastian Inlet Park & Pelican Island NWR- about 35 miles south of Cocoa on route A1A.

I'm not sure what you will find in August, but it was great in February.
    Bob & Nan

3. Appreciates the infos very much Bob. Just put them on my list. Thanks.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well I will add the Viera Wetlands and Brevard Zoo to your list.

Please get ahold of me when you get down and Please also get ahold of Harry B...

St augustine and Gatorland a must.

for Gatorland get ahold of Kevin Scott.

right August not the best time. But you can see and get alot. Very Very hot. Need bugggggggg stuff....Sun is close.....Burn real easy.

Late August. Not sure of Hurricanes this year, but last year was a record, and horrible.

Enjoy.