Planet Earth on Discovery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigPixel, Mar 26, 2007.

1. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Man, I hope you all had the opportunity to watch the first three installments of 'Planet Earth' on the Discovery channel yesterday. What incredible imagery! State of the art high speed and high def cameras were used to shoot this series over the past 5 years. Stunning doesn't go far enough to describe what I saw.

Its an eleven part series that will run for a few weeks. Seems they are showing 2-3 hours back to back on Sundays with repeats later. Well worth your time.

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    The sharks coming out of the water made me say "WOW" outloud! Unbelievable imagery.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wish I could watch it
    I don't have cable:<(((((

4. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Gale, this series is good enough that you should make a date with someone who does have cable to see it.

5. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    The DVDs are available on The Discovery Channel website, not cheap at $80, though. I saw two installments, I didn't know they showed 3 yesterday. I'll have to look for a repeat of the one I missed. Great stuff for sure.

6. TG for Tivo, set to pick it up tomorrow morning. Thank you for the heads up

7. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    I only got to see a small portion of this show, and I was stunned!! The wild dogs hunting was simple amazing! I hope to find bit torrents of this show and download it. This wont be half as good a quality as HD presented, but none the less this is a brilliant show!

8. reyv

reyv

Apr 7, 2006
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I've seen parts of it, but I don't have HD.

9. Just fantastic series if you can watch it

10. Watch out for the equally stunning "Blue Planet" from the same source.

Oh, and the DVDs are only £25 on Amazon.co.uk so try amazon.com

Ronnie

11. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Good catch, $56 on Amazon.com.

12. Fremlin

Fremlin

Jan 29, 2006
    Scotland
    I have got to agree, this is one of, if not the best nature series EVER!

13. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    I really liked Mountains, and that shark attack was great. The "Ocean" one kinda bored me, but I do have my DVR set to record the upcoming episodes so I don't miss them.

14. Marco

Marco

Sep 25, 2006
    Washington D.C.
    Nice documentary/show.

I like the part especially in the trailer where the chameleon is slowly walking and I think sand was blowing in its face. The chameleon looked like some kind of giant land leviathan.

Check it out here:

Planet Earth

15. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    Last night's shows were great, I loved it.I didn't get to watch last week but I thik I will buy the dvd.

16. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
  17. This is a great series. And there are extra in the DVD's that worth buying the set.

18. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    I saw last nights episode. great stuff:smile:

19. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    I saw them last week, but missed this week. They were amazing.

20. I think that Discovery would have a full DVD Set of the series. I'm not sure when it will be released.