Plans for EGT 2008 - France, Spain?

Yes, I know..but cross Atlantic trips need a bit of planning.

I'm proposing a stay, somewhere in Tuscany in May 2008. May is the shoulder season, the weather is coolish and balmy and the poppies are out in full color. In a close proximity you have Florence, San Gimignano, Orvieto, Assisi, Montepulciano, Chianti, Lucca, Pienza and Pisa. All glorious photo opportunities and within day trip distances. There is a large Agritourismo community with converted farmhouses with built-in kitchens.

Any takers?

Rich

Yes, I know..but cross Atlantic trips need a bit of planning.

I'm proposing a stay, somewhere in Tuscany in May 2008. May is the shoulder season, the weather is coolish and balmy and the poppies are out in full color. In a close proximity you have Florence, San Gimignano, Orvieto, Assisi, Montepulciano, Chianti, Lucca, Pienza and Pisa. All glorious photo opportunities and within day trip distances. There is a large Agritourismo community with converted farmhouses with built-in kitchens.

Any takers?

Rich

I'm in Rich!

I just love some of the photographs I have seen of Tuscany. I've never been there, but would love to go. My wife has talked about going, before now, so she may well want to tag along.

Carolyn keeps urging me not to be so enthusiastic! It will be difficult to try and orchestrate a cross Atlantic venture such as this. I suspect the best we can do is agree on a locale and time and details will have to be handled individually. It wouldn't be feasible to arrange for a common location with just the internet from the U.S. I welcome any and all suggestions and ideas.

We can still discuss it here though to gauge interest.

Rich

Thanks for the efforts to put this together, Rich. I'd love to do Italy again and this is as good an excuse as any :smile:

Looking forward more details as we get closer.

we are always game for a road trip.... i think i scared away folks for the france trip.... I am going to put Mason's picture in my avatar

Thanks for the efforts to put this together, Rich. I'd love to do Italy again and this is as good an excuse as any :smile:

Looking forward more details as we get closer.
I'm working on a separate forum for the event. First we'll need to see the number of people interested and then the most popular location. However, if the truth be known I'd prefer suggesting Tuscany and see if there are enough alternative recommendations to choose someplace else. Asking for suggestions sometimes never ends.

Rich

I'm game.

I'd like to join in on one of your trips in 2008.
(That is, if you all don't mind someone new.)
From the photos of the London trip, looks like a bunch of good people, having a great time.
And we all know thats what its all about.

Food, Wine, Photos & Friends. I'll be there a week ahead of you.
Tuscany is fine with me.
Or the Amalfi Coast - Positano - Sorrento - Italy anywhere............
Just let me know what I need to do.

Thanks, Sancho

Thanks Sancho. We'll get serious around Christmas time. I suggested Tuscany as it is a great first place to visit, the driving is relatively easy on first time travelers and there are so many photo opportunities.

Rich

To all those curious. Sadly both the need for dental $urgery and crown work ...and the plummeting dollar...mean a trip for the Gibsons in 2008 is out.

We are however, locked in for two weeks in the UK in June-July 2009. We're going to meander from Dover to Lands End, meet with another Cafe shooter in the midlands and then drive up to Edinburgh-Glasgow to shoot with Ronnies and some other highland friends.

Well

Depending on time, schedule, location, health, wallet, I could definitely be interested :smile:
Lets get the ball rolling, location: Paris, Provence, Lyon (France) Peniscola (Spain) Peniscola would be the greatest place with the Castle and their bird of prey sanctuary.

I am open to suggestions as well, BTW I couldn't believe the price of a D3 in Paris, 4799 Euros at la FNAC

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom