Plants from an alien world...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by manzico, Jul 18, 2005.

1. It's now been 34 days over 100 degrees here. Needless to say it's not the best outdoor shooting weather. I haven't had a chance to take any pics in weeks. I decided I had to resort to the "studio" this weekend to get my fix. My "studio" as some of you may already be aware, is really my guest bathroom. My "background" is the top of a black shoebox, and my fancy "lighting system" is a frosted, domed skylight. Close the door to keep the cats out and it's an air conditioned photographic nirvana... well not quite nirvana, but it gets the job done. As for the title of this post, my subjects for today were some fairly weird looking tropical flowers I bought for my wife. Here are the first few I've processed from today's activities, I'll have more up later in the week when I get a chance to process them. Let me know what you think.

Dave

original.

original.

original.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent captures Dave. Sounds like you have a good set-up there. I certainly understand about the cats. They can be so helpful when you are trying to do precision work. :lol:

34 days over 100, huh??!? Whew!! :?

3. Nice work Dave. I really dig the alien effect. I need to have my florist call me if he gets anything that exotic in. If he doesn't I may have to find a new florist.

Yeah, the heat has been keeping me from shooting as well, been reading a lot of photo books (Thom's D70 guide rocks). However, you've just inspired me to set something up at home. Too bad it won't be for a few weeks.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OMG you have been to Flews place.
    ALIENS OH NOOOOOOOO

Flew you gotta stop influencing people like this !!!!!!

I gotta say you captured some great colors.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey that reminds me.. Remember on the NTF forum a longgggggggggggggggggg time ago, they would post a watsit....

Hey this would be a great thing to start up again.

We had so much fun!!!!!!

6. Very cool, Dave!! :D :D

7. Nice shots, Dave. I just saw one of those in your 3rd photo for the first time this weekend but that 1st/2nd one is "outta this world". Who says mother nature doesn't have a sense of humor.