Play at the plate

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Tomerrifc, Apr 27, 2007.

1. While going through some of the imges from last week I found these. The runner was clearly out by a mile. I think he knew it by the look on his face going into his slide.

View attachment 92710

View attachment 92711

2. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    I actually remember that play...I could not get set up in time...And the umpire was in the way

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Nice shot Ty...good action capture!

4. Sweet series, Ty!

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That was one of the guys that I was shooting, but I was not ready to get that shot at home plate. Sweet shots with the last two saying it all!

6. Thanks guys, I just happened to be behind the plate and saw what was about to happen. All were shot with the 300mm.

7. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Sounds to me like you were anticipating the action. Knowledge of the game, and being able to anticipate the next play is most important. You clearly demonstrated here how important that skill is.
    I can't tell you how many times I've been in a good position, but missed a shot because I wasn't paying close attention or anticipating a play.
    You did both here, and the results are sweet!

8. Thanks Jeff, you are so right. Anticipating where the action is going to be requires some knowledge of the game and knowing when to be ready definitely requires that we pay attention to what is going on. I was just happy that I was able to frame most of the shot without cutting off critical parts. Thanks so much for looking.

9. Brew

Brew Guest

That is a sweet shot, looks like the catcher is looking at you and saying "I got him" with his eyes...:smile:

10. Very nice and as you know understanding the sport and anticipating where the action is going to happen is half the battle.

11. Hey Bruce, thanks. And I thought exactly that, just as you, that the catcher was letting us know that he still had the ball after the tag.

12. Ain't that the truth! And being on point ready to fire would be the other half I suppose. :smile: Thanks Mike!

13. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Great shots, they tell the whole story.

14. Hey Ron, thanks. They do indeed tell the story, he was out by a mile.

15. Ty, that last shot is a winner!! The look on the catcher's face says it all.

Well done!!