1. Today was opening day for AAA ball at the Almaden Little League... a good chance to sharpen my skills with the 80-200AFD.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent series UF. 8) Cute kid and well shot.

Regards,

Frank

3. Play ball is right. Great shots.....my 7 year old starts "coach pitch" in a few weeks. I can't wait. This is one reason I upgraded to a D70. Thanks for sharing!!
    :D

4. Thanks, Flew! It's great to find a sporting event where I'm allowed to take pictures.

5. You'll have a ball, Dawg! I brought my teleconverter, but didn't need to use it. The 80-200 range was perfect for a Little League field.

6. They are all good shots UF but #'s 2 and 4 are special. I too am looking forward to youth sports and should find some of my grandkids playing something I can take pictures of.

7. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I can't wait to take my kids to a game in couple of years. Nice series UF, kids are always great subjects.

Thanks,

8. Thanks, Gordon and Patrick! I spent a lot of years watching my son play Little League and my daughter play Bobby Sox
    League softball. Owning the d70 gives me a chance to visit some wonderful memories... and to practice for
    grandkids to come.

Gotta have a talk with my kids about this...

9. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I agree with Gordon - numbers 2 and 4 are outstanding. I love the contrast you got in all the shots actually, nicely done.

Neil

10. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Looks like a fun day for all. And for all of us that might not have any Spring type weather yet, you gave us something to look forward too.

11. I especially like the one of "Curly" peering through the mesh.

Sport is fun but sometimes kids take it sooooooooo seriously and I love some of the facial expressions that attitude brings.

Expressions that you've captured with your usual eye, Frank.

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Fun stuff, frank

You know me, ever the nit picker. :roll: I have to ask, where is the ball in the 2nd shot? I do see you got it in the 1st one though, which is always good to have for a baseball action shot. Also, was curious to know if you have any affiliation with any of the players here or not. I used to love shooting baseball/softball/soccer games, but now, none of my kids, or my friends' kids are in sports any more. I really miss doing this stuff!

13. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Re: Fun stuff, frank

Steve, have you tried any golf photography? Might be a nice break instead of letting your kids beat you at golf :lol:

14. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Sure have Todd, but it's not the same

I have a couple good shots of the boys hitting the ball. This yr, we're going to see if we can get a good Impact shot. It's a LOT harder than you might think! BTW, my just turned 15 y.o. is out distancing me this yr. His 7 iron is going (much) farther than my 6! (We go to the Golf Dome on a regular basis).

15. Very nice series nothing like some young kids playing baseball. I like the shot of the kid eating such innocence.

16. Re: Fun stuff, frank

I would have needed to make a pano to show the ball :lol: . One of the things I like about the shot is that the
    play wasn't close at all. There was no need for the runner to slide, but he was so jazzed about scoring the
    tying run that he slid for the sheer fun of it. You wouldn't find that happening at higher level ball.

I don't have any affiliation with the league, teams, or players, Steve. I just wandered over and started shooting.