Playful Cats

Discussion in 'Birds' started by eng45ine, Jan 3, 2006.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Tony (papa85), Ty (Tomerrifc) and I shot at the Brookfield Zoo today and the only thing that wasn't in our favor was the sun. Temps in the 40s, no precipitation, great conversation, good lunch and plenty of animals to capture. The hours together went too quickly, but it won't be long before we get together for another shoot in the Chicago area. I can't recommend strongly enough, that if you have Cafe members near you...make some plans to get together and shoot something! Here's an image shot through a one inch thick window of two leopards playing in the warm winter weather. The image is nothing special, but we had a great time building a friendship.

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Sounds like a blast.. Nice picture too.
    I hope to get to Chicago later this year...

3. frank
    you are so right, we are a great community of members and the real value is in our time together. My goal this year and my resolution is to meet and shoot with as many members as I can, (this includes you). I have shot with Jim Strathearn and Mike Mac so far and it was just the best day, shooting was marginal, but the company was unequalled.
    Like the kitty BTW.
    Dave

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    And we'll be here waiting for you!

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Dave. When I joined, I never knew that I could enjoy myself so much and will cherish these friendships forever. I like the plan of shooting with as many members as possible, let's make that a reality!

6. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Very nice pictures, Frank

7. cant agree more, Frank. I hope to shot with grayflash and eric the desert rat in febuary if I can extend a business trip to vegas. I am lloking at numerous ways to make it happen whenever possible. would love to go to merritt III but with the vegas trip can not. I have a number of members within a reasonable drive of here, north carolina, va and md, and Pa, and may try to organize a chincoteague shoot this spring. any time with each other is good, imho.
    Dave

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank,

The Viera crew probably holds the record, but I've met and shot with over 20 Cafe members and I agree with you that the friendships that we have made here make an already great hobby even better. I wish that you all could come to Merritt III. I hope to meet about a dozen more of our members there. :smile:

Oh yeah, nice kitty. :wink:

9. Hey Dave...It rained for me in SFO the whole week. I sure pray you won't experience that when you go in a couple of days. From what I see on the news, it is getting pretty flooded out with lots of mudslides and they are getting hit again with rain.

Frank...Very nice picture of the cats. These are so cute playing together and a great shot for taking a picture of them through a window. I would never had figured that one out if you wouldn't had said something. Thanks for sharing and you are right. It would be great to have some local members to go shooting with.

10. Cute capture, Frank! Sure would like to see more of these beauties!!

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful cats Frank,
    nicely done.

the get together sounds like a great ime.

12. This is a good capture and through glass none the less glad you got to meet up with the guys it si always a fun experience