1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Playin' in the rain

Discussion in 'People' started by sonyam, Sep 12, 2008.

1. They were both feeling bad today, but I gave in and let them go outside for about 10 minutes to play....the love the water.

2852363904_e877cfbe36_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. sonya
    that shot is really awesome
    love the colors.... the facial expression
    the clothes
    all of it

very well done

3. She's too bundled up to get wet. LOL.

4. Thank you Greg.

Today, that was the point. They have both been running fevers, and were having playtime withdrawals. I gave in and let them outside for *just a few minutes* as long as they didn't really get wet.

5. Here is Sophie in the same waterproof outfit.

2851638047_c6c550902a_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

6. Did they enjoy their short foray into the rain? What lens did you use for the shots? The DOF is really isolates the girls in each shot.

7. These were with my newest addition the 105 DC f/2. I think it needs calibrating as it's front focusing a bit, but I do like it. :) 

8. the boots are awesome.

9. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Those are great Sonya :smile:

10. Sonya,
    Love these photos. The rain clothes are so cute. Living in a desert, we don't see cute rain clothes like that around here much.

11. ItzAlbert

ItzAlbert

Sep 13, 2008
    Bay Area
    loving the outfit nice perfect shot

12. Those shots are GREAT!!! Your pictures are always wonderful. I really admire your work.:smile:

And your daughters are adorable!

13. These shots are awesome Sonya #1 is my favorite, its been a long time since we go rain here in Southern CA.

14. WONDERFUL photos, Sonya! Please explain the technique for capturing the rain so perfectly.

15. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    aww, my gosh, both are cute but the first one has that candid feel to it, and her "off" look. Are those home-sewed raincoats?

16. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    btw - Elliot runs a fever too, while it's 85F and humid here though. Thank goodness for A/C.

17. They wear these all the time, especially in the house with their pajamas. LOL!

Thank you.

The jackets are from Gymboree and the boots from Target. I bet you could get them there.

Thank you!

Thanks so much. I'm struggling with my photography at the moment, but hopefully this *rut* will pass soon......

We just moved here from Monterey, and I'm loving all of the rain, LOL! I didn't realize how much I had missed it while living in CA.

I was hiding under the awning of my front door, and just set the exposure and snapped. Nothing different from my normal shooting. If you need exif info let me know and I'll get it for you.

Thanks Linda, I love that one too. The coats are from Gymboree.

I agree! I've had them both running around in just their underwear for the last two days trying to keep them cool. Not to mention a cool bath every few hours, popsicles, jello, and milkshakes. Tonight they both seem to be better, so my guess is that it was a 48 hour virus. I sure hope so.....I get migraines when my babies are sick. I get so worried and stressed out....:frown:

18. Thank you Saj.

19. GeorgeV

GeorgeV

Aug 7, 2008
    Niles
    Nice shots!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.