Playing with 2 bounced flashes

Discussion in 'People' started by cwilt, Aug 10, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I had a few minutes to play with my toys while the kids played in thier toy room. This shot uses 2 flashes bounced off of walls. The only other light in the room was what came through the doorway from the office. Shot with 105/2 DC. Tommorow I want to try 3 flashes. :)

Comments? How does her skin tone look to everyone else? I have been playing with something new.

[​IMG]

2. Skin tone is very nice and her eyes sparkle. Very good.

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Gordon. I am never sure on skin tones.

After reviewing the shots from today it appears that I had some front focus issues with the 105. I will try again with more ambient light before I get worried.

Last one....

My son playing office.. :lol:

[​IMG]

4. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Charles,
    I have found at my house, this has become every room in the house, inclding the 15'x21' patio enclosure I had built. Where I originally planned a hot tub has become a 6'x6' playhouse my parents bought :(

I like both photos very much, they are both adorable.

One small thing that disturbs me with the picture of your daughter, the little bright spots to the inside of both of her eyes (mainly the one on her left eye) keep drawing my attention to them.

Joe

5. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Joe,

We have a play for them at work and home. They know that if the toys are not put back at the end of the day then "mean" daddy throws the toys away. Not really, but don't tell them that. :wink:

These are just snap shots but what interested me was the fact that the room was to dark even for ISO 800. Bounce a couple of flashes and ISO 100 was easy. I have a third flash with me today and hopefully will get a chance to try it out. Maybe it will help with those odd shadows. If not, tommorow I will bring a 4th one. :wink:

I have many images of her with those bright spots and have not found a good way to remove them without it looking like I removed them. Have any suggestions on how to do this?

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice images, Charles. It's so nice that the kids were patient while you were trying to get everything set up for the snaps. Both images are very nice.

7. Charles i like your daughter picture, nice contrast in color, very sharp and she's very photogenic.

8. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Charles,

I downloaded the picture of your daughter to try and touch up the two bright spots as an example for you. If this is a problem, I will remove it.

Here is the picture for your review and comment:

[​IMG]

Joe

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    No problem at all Joe if you tell me what you did. :)

I'm at work right now and these monitors are horrible so it is hard for me to tell.

10. Hey Charles. Beautiful subject :) I like the lights in her eyes myself.. The lights I can't stand are the large ring model lights, when they show up in the model's eyes. A single pinprick of light, to me, is actually desirable as I view it as a "spark of life" :)

I think personally that colors and tones are good but I like my subjects to "jump" a little more. Just a personal preference and it may not be for everyone. When I say jump I mean a bit more contrast. But good job.