Playing with the 300 f2.8....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Jun 26, 2005.

1. With the lousy weather and all, didnt get out to shoot much, but here are some shots taken with the 1.4x on.

original.

original.

this one is oof as it was a slow shutter speed and I had to move with the bird flipping it, but still thought I'd put it up..
    original.

shot out the window of my truck:
    original.

a couple from Mary and the D100 with 70-300. She didnt want to use the 300 f4, but would have had an easier time focusing with it.
    original.

original.

Attached Files:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very good Harris. The ol' flipperino :>)))

I just noticed those birds have a hole in thier beak. hummmm

Well I have o say that family is the most photographed in the world, especially with you both getting the shots. Mary is doing very well :>)))

the baby is losing the fuzzy feathers.

what the heck is that other bird.. Nice shot. It is pretty.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shots Harris (yours and Mary's). So what did you think of the 300 2.8?

4. Nice so how much faster is the AF over the 300f4

5. Very nice Harris. You are sure getting to use some expensive glass. Be careful or the old walet will be much lighter.

6. Harris, I'm curious to know your thoughts on the 2.8 vs the 4. Do you notice much difference (besides the weight)? Frank (Flew) is the only one I know that shoots with it and his pics are always stunning. Just wondering what you think...

7. She is doing better, just need to gether to understand the histogram better.

Thanks

8. well, it definitely focus' faster, is sharper and a ton heavier. What a monster of a lens. It is actually harder to carry than the 200-400 cause the weight is more concentrated.

9. with the 1.4x on, it is even faster than the 300 f4 without a 1.4x. It's noticeable.

10. Thanks Jim, so far, my wallet is ok since I am borrowing these awesome lenses.

11. It certainly does focus faster. I think a pro shooting sports would need it. I like it, but I am happy with my 300f4, less to lug around, and can handhold it easily yet still get sharp images.