Playing with the 35mm lens (and 85 WHOOPS!!)

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    My title is wrong--I forgot that I had on the 85 f1.4 for the first couple of shots. So that first photo is with the 85 @ f1.4. So sorry

I'm trying so hard to get in some play time with the lenses I am testing out. The one I haven't used as much is the 35 f2. The thread that Uncle Frank started in the lens lust forum really got me excited about the focal length.

Seems that when I was using my 17-55 I was always zooming to the long end to shoot the kids. Now I will try zooming out a bit more often.

Brighton with a mouth full of Smarties--but he was looking at me and holding still which is good.

Both shot wide open

original.

View attachment 227856

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2008
  2. Nice images. He is a good looking little guy-

3. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Love love love love them, especially the first one Terri.

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks Charles, the cuteness is multiplied by two as he is an identical twin.

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks, Linda. I'm having so much fun with these prime lenses. Don't know why I haven't bought any of them sooner. I am still so unsure what I will buy first. Maybe I'll just have to get all 3.

6. These are excellent Terri! I'm so happy to see you enjoying the wonderful world of primes, they're an addicting "collection" that's for sure!

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks, Sonya. I can see I will be purchasing some soon. They are more fun than I could have imagined. I doubt my 17-55 sees much use when photographing the grandkids once I get the primes.

But, I will still need it for landscapes, so I will be keeping it.

8. I suddenly realize how much the twins have grown! Reminds me of the first pictures of Jaden I've seen. The first picture is priceless, nice depth of field, cute pose together with that pleasing window light. Well done, Terri.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.