Pleasant surprise from eBay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cope, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    On May 3rd, I ordered a set of Kenko extension tubes from an eBay dealer located in Hong Kong. I had them in a couple of weeks, but even though they were well wrapped, there was serious damage to one of the tubes.

I immediately contacted the dealer, and after several days without a response, I contacted them again. After no response, I filed a claim with eBay, who transferred it to PayPal. Once PayPal contacted the vendor, they contacted me and told me to return them for replacement, which I did. PayPal requires that you eiher close a dispute or escalate it to a claim, within 10 days. Since there was no way I could get a replacement set within 10 days, I waited until day 10 and escalated to a claim, but I notified the seller that once I received a new set of tubes, I would cancel the claim.

Several days later (10 days ago) I got another set in perfect shape, so I closed the claim, and left favorable feedback except for communications. I got very nice feedback from the seller, case closed.

Saturday evening I noticed that I had a message from eBay, they issued me a $100 gift coupon as compensation for my trouble!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!

Whoa brother that's excellente' :eek:

3. Cope, I am sure you got very nice feedback, because that is the only feedback the seller is allowed to give.

Hey, I am glad your situation worked out for you. The seller should have contacted you from the very beginning about the damage to your item.

I absolutely find it amazing that ebay issued you a 100 dollar gift cupon.

If only they could take care of their honest sellers in the same way.....

4. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Rick, I know they can only give positive feedback, but the comments were more than just minimal, and after I had filed a protest, I figured I would get no feedback.

I forgot to mention that I gave the coupon to my wife who will have $100.00 more fabric this time tomorrow.

5. Well, she ought to love you for that. I thought you would buy some more photo gear with it. :biggrin::biggrin:

6. DM Rosner

DM Rosner

Dec 13, 2006
    I'm with you, Rick. In fact, my first thought at hearing about the eBay gift certificate was, "eBay probably charged the seller for it." :rolleyes:

Call my cynical.

Anyway, I really am glad the situation worked out so well. Enjoy the fabric. :wink: