1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pleasant surprise from eBay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cope, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    On May 3rd, I ordered a set of Kenko extension tubes from an eBay dealer located in Hong Kong. I had them in a couple of weeks, but even though they were well wrapped, there was serious damage to one of the tubes.

I immediately contacted the dealer, and after several days without a response, I contacted them again. After no response, I filed a claim with eBay, who transferred it to PayPal. Once PayPal contacted the vendor, they contacted me and told me to return them for replacement, which I did. PayPal requires that you eiher close a dispute or escalate it to a claim, within 10 days. Since there was no way I could get a replacement set within 10 days, I waited until day 10 and escalated to a claim, but I notified the seller that once I received a new set of tubes, I would cancel the claim.

Several days later (10 days ago) I got another set in perfect shape, so I closed the claim, and left favorable feedback except for communications. I got very nice feedback from the seller, case closed.

Saturday evening I noticed that I had a message from eBay, they issued me a $100 gift coupon as compensation for my trouble!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!

Whoa brother that's excellente' :eek: 

3. Cope, I am sure you got very nice feedback, because that is the only feedback the seller is allowed to give.

Hey, I am glad your situation worked out for you. The seller should have contacted you from the very beginning about the damage to your item.

I absolutely find it amazing that ebay issued you a 100 dollar gift cupon.

If only they could take care of their honest sellers in the same way.....

4. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Rick, I know they can only give positive feedback, but the comments were more than just minimal, and after I had filed a protest, I figured I would get no feedback.

I forgot to mention that I gave the coupon to my wife who will have $100.00 more fabric this time tomorrow.

5. Well, she ought to love you for that. I thought you would buy some more photo gear with it. :biggrin::biggrin:

6. DM Rosner

DM Rosner

Dec 13, 2006
    I'm with you, Rick. In fact, my first thought at hearing about the eBay gift certificate was, "eBay probably charged the seller for it." :rolleyes: 

Call my cynical.

Anyway, I really am glad the situation worked out so well. Enjoy the fabric. :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.