Please accept my apologies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by two slow, Jul 29, 2007.

1. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    I am a very angry person at the moment. This is not how I normally behave. I find it deplorable. So I will inform you all why I am the way I am....

Three years ago My wifes aunt was diagnose with breast cancer.She had a lump the size of a grapefruit. When she finally past she was so doped up on morphine she didn't recognize her own daughter.
    Her Grandmother died a year earlier of the same thing.
    My sister died two and a half years ago from it. My aunt past about four year ago today. My mom has it so bad now.......
    When she finally passes I am leaving this area for the hope that my daughters don't suffer thew same fates.

2. My prayers go out to your family Darrell

3. That’s unbelievable that so many people (in your family) can suffer from the same thing. Is it hereditary, or is it something in the area that has this happening to others as well (Chemical, lead plant, mining etc)…??? Anyway if it was me, I’d be moving as far away from this place as I could for several reasons…. I would also have you daughter have regular medical checks... All I can say is I really hope you future is better for you than your past has been.....

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Believers say God will not give you more than you can bear. Well, God must believe you and your family can bear a lot, as that is a lot to bear Darrell.

I experienced a double loss since 01 in my family, I know firsthand just how difficult this is. I hope that you learn to cope, and can move on stronger than before, goodluck...

Doug

5. Your in our Prayers Darrell.

Tim

6. My prayers go out to you and your family Darrell. Sorry to hear of your lose over the past few years.

God Bless,
    David

7. double post, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2007
  8. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

I heard something on the tv that your daughters can have an injection to prevent them from developing this terrible disease. I will get Bob the Spiderman to do some research for me and see if he can find it.

Pam and Bob

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Darrell, this is no punishment of you. It is a tragic circumstance that has unfortunately affected those close to you with very sad results.

You need to stay strong for your mother and for your daughters! Your idea to leave the area when possible sounds like a good idea. But remember that you need to show your daughters that they need not live in fear.

All of your friends and co-members here at the Cafe have you in their thoughts. I hope that gives you strength.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    So sorry to hear of all of your losses. Very sad.

Try to be strong and enjoy each day for you and your daughters.

11. Yes it is.

I have searched and searched to find details of the new treatment involving injections that can be given to one's young daughters whose families are so afflicted, and cannot find anything. It was on the BBC only a few week's ago but my search is coming up with nothing. I will keep looking for you.

Bob F.

12. Darrell:

I am truly sorry for the sadness that has visited your family, over the last several years.

Though I cannot begin to claim that I can understand your feelings, at this time in your life, I can empathize. Both of my parents contracted cancer, at the same time, and died within a few months of each other. For over a year, I spent my evenings visiting them, each in a separate hospital. Two weeks before my father died, my father-in-law was killed, in an accident at work. Within the following several months, my wife's grandmother and grandfather, with whom she had lived as a small child, both died.

Though we have our moments of anger, it is amazing how we somehow find the strength to do whatever is necessary to make the quality of those final days, of our loved ones lives, the best that they can be.

13. I'm sorry to hear that Darrell. Be strong and hang in there.

Yes, some breast cancers are genetic related. Women inherited with mutations in the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes have a higher risk of breast cancer.

Studies are being performed using various drugs (usually estrogen receptors modulators or aromatase inhibitors) and we hope there will be some conclusions and guidelines soon.

14. jhpate

jhpate

Jul 14, 2007
    texarkana, texas
    Hello, I work in the hospital and a good freind of mine is a genitics counselor. I read your post this morning and happened to be working with my freind this morning and I had her read it. Here is the information that she gave me to give to you.

http://www.myriadtests.com/finddoc.htm

The above link is to a site that you can find local dr's and genetic counslers that can answer your questions. The gene that they test for is the BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene. If those genes are found to be present then the risk increases of developing cancer. I also got a pamplet from her that I can mail to you if you would like. Send me a pm if you would like me to send it to you.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
    thanks,
    james

15. Darrell, you have my hearfelt sympathy for the loss of so many in your family to cancer. My wife, our son, and several members of my wifes family have suffered from this as well. I feel your pain. Both my wife and my son have come through this with renewed strength and our family is closer as a result.

16. Please accept our sympathies at this trying time in your life.

Anger will pass, but you can create a lasting memorial to those in your family killed by this disease by encouraging every woman in your family to perform self exams and to get mammograms as frequently as the doctors recommend.

My Monica was diagnosed last Thanksgiving with breast cancer and now, to help other women, I recommend they persue breast health and early detection aggressively.