Please Bear with me... a bit more.

So they came back last night at 2 a.m. Three of them! Two on the ground and one up in a red pine tree. Whenever the treed bear tried to come down he was chased back up by the two on the ground. Eventually I managed to chase a couple away. In the morning this one was still in the yard.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The plastic apparatus in front of it is a solar powered critter deterrent that is meant - through the sound it emits-to cause extreme discomfort for any unwanted visitors effectively serving to chase them away.......Yeah Right!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They're out to get you, Bob. And they're making eye contact with that D6...maybe that's the attraction.

Sharp focus on the eyes...well done.
I think they're just trying to break into the modelling industry..either that or...after all there were three of them. Goldilocks anyone? And thank you Jim for the kind comment.

This has been fun watching your bear pics and following what happens. I laughed out loud at the photo with your deterent device. This one today looks pretty young. I imagine they'll keep coming back as long as there is food to be had. You may have to bring the feeders in completely for a while.

For what it is worth, I am facing a similar battle with a family of racoons - I wouldn't mind them stealing my bird seed; it's that they also wake me up around 1:00am banging the feeder lid against the bin. My feeders have stayed in the garage for a few days now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This has been fun watching your bear pics and following what happens. I laughed out loud at the photo with your deterent device. This one today looks pretty young. I imagine they'll keep coming back as long as there is food to be had. You may have to bring the feeders in completely for a while.

For what it is worth, I am facing a similar battle with a family of racoons - I wouldn't mind them stealing my bird seed; it's that they also wake me up around 1:00am banging the feeder lid against the bin. My feeders have stayed in the garage for a few days now.
Thanks Fred.. We have brought in the feeders -those that are still salvageable - and cleaned up the ground around the area of any temping seed. Ammonia/or bleach soaked rags spread around the area to deter them

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom