Please checkout my updated website!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan F/2, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Hi guys! I've updated my website gallery and would love to get some feedback. I also would like feedback if the site is running smoothly on your computer. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the photos and look forward to your comments! :smile:

http://inhousephoto.com/

2. Looks great buddy, glad you are doing well!

3. Hi Nate,

Glad to hear from you! Your work looks great as well! Thanks for the feedback!

4. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Nice site Jonathan. Great shots in your gallery. Loaded quickly for me.

5. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    It works well.

6. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    very nice site .. good content and fast.. i'm a fan of simplviewer for the gallery too

my one minor suggestion would be changing the font of the menu links at the top.. maybe use the same one as your logo? i think that would make it a tad more pleasing to the eye imo

7. Hi Jaleel! Thanks for the feedback! I'm a big fan of helvetica for readable text...but i appreciate the comment!

Simpleviewer rocks!

8. It works for me. My personal preference will be inplace gallery than a popup one. Otherwise great site, great images.

9. Works well, fast and nice layout. good job Jonathan.

10. Hi Sam,

I originally didn't have it pop up, but I decided I didn't want the viewer to get lost in navigation, since simpleviewer doesn't allow for much alteration on the HTML page. maybe in my next website revision!

11. Nice site Jonathan, enjoyed the images, as always.

Tell me, are you trying to generate business with this site?

12. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Works well Jonathan.

This is similar to what I have been working toward on my site, since as you can tell by my sig, I don't get a chance to update my site too often.

Only two things I noticed, and the first won't matter after the pages have loaded once, but I am not a big fan of interlaced images. And I would get rid of that image of the guy on the about section, :biggrin: That will even scare away the rats!

13. Hi Joe,

Are you talking about the images in the html section of the site? I didn't even notice they were interlaced! They seem to load so fast, I barely noticed!

Hahahaha, thanks! I'll tell that guy you said that! :wink:

14. Hi Mark!

Sure why not! I figure someone will hire a quirky Hollywood photographer!

15. OK, but I just checked and a number of things that I was going to comment on and suggest some different wording are no longer there.

You can PM me if you're interested, if not, no harm, no foul.

16. pdoes

pdoes

Aug 6, 2006
    NJ, USA
    Yeah I'm not a big fan of popups either.

I'm going to be picky here, most critique is just cosmetics.

1. Change your page titles, like on the About page, it says "about" as title etc. I would add your site name as well, see here on Nikon Cafe.

2. I can't get back to the first page. Missing home button. I just noticed home is the main graphic, I would add it in the menu bar as well.

3. I would add an effect when hovering over a link, either change the background color or remove the underlining.

4. Unless you want to be spammed on your info email, I would change the way people can contact you. Instead of having the email link, set up a small form that will provide people to email you. It also gives people the opportunity to email you from a public place, like library where they don't have access to their own email.

5. Try using a css file.

Otherwise it a good simplistic site.

Shoot a PM if you need some more details.

17. Thanks Peter!

1.The only reason I did the pop-up is due the flash mini-app I used, Simpleviewer. It doesn't give much for personalization. It was killing me that the continuity of the site was disturbed with no pop-up window. Perhaps when I redesign the site (in 2-4 years!) I will build it around Flash. I know some people dislike the pop-up window, but I think I will leave it.

2. Well, you found the home button. That works for me!

3. Good point about the rollover!

4. Haven't had problems with spam actually on the email.

5. Will look into it!

Thanks for the feedback, exactly what I'm looking for!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2007