Please critique my B&W conversions

I did a shoot in the studio for a friend's daughter the other day... MAN are 2 year olds hard to shoot, they don't sit still!:eek::Dizzy: I should have known, I have one myself, but this was getting crazy... anyway, here are some of the better shots, followed by the B&W conversions, basically, went to channel mixer>monochrome>green filter, and then a little curves adjustments. How'd they turn out? Compared to the color versions, what would you have done? Thanks!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 98307

View attachment 98308

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like it...but it's lacking something else...maybe if she had a teddy bear in her hand or a doll. I like the B&W...but it looks a little soft around the face.

Whites are blown
Other wise very nice
Gotcha from the other post, Gale... thanks!

I like it...but it's lacking something else...maybe if she had a teddy bear in her hand or a doll. I like the B&W...but it looks a little soft around the face.
Ok... I wanted to try some props, but her mom didn't, so...? :smile: softness might be from the downsizing for web??? Looks good on my computer.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom