Please Critique This Crop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfenton, Jan 30, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I went back for another shot at the Mockingbird this afternoon and strangely enough he was in the same darn bush. My neighbor liked this shot and as I owe her a favor, I figured I'd print it up for her. I've cropped a bit from the sides but as it's a fairly busy shot with all the branched and all, I figured I'd get your opinions / comments as to whether this works as is or if you'd crop down to something smaller / different?

Thanks in advance....

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim, I would....

I would crop it a little tighter if it were me. I know that you only have a finite number of pixels, but this one is a little too busy for my tastes. A heavier crop would improve this IMHO.

Regards,

Frank

3. a little tighter as Frank said, and crop off more from the left. Just my 2 centavos, ask the big guns here what they think.

4. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Agree with crop. At least take off the light glare on left and that branch on the right.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The Big Crop,

I brought one of you birdies you put up the other day. Cropped quite a bit and increased the contrast and the red channell a bit.. Huge difference.

The berries and birdy really stood out well. Think I did a little contrast to.

I don't know how you guys catch the "little" birdies. I have trouble with a buzzard... lolol

Best to ya.
    Gale

6. Jim, I would crop it tighter with some off the left as well.

Gordon