Please Critique This Crop

I went back for another shot at the Mockingbird this afternoon and strangely enough he was in the same darn bush. My neighbor liked this shot and as I owe her a favor, I figured I'd print it up for her. I've cropped a bit from the sides but as it's a fairly busy shot with all the branched and all, I figured I'd get your opinions / comments as to whether this works as is or if you'd crop down to something smaller / different?

Thanks in advance....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jim, I would....

I would crop it a little tighter if it were me. I know that you only have a finite number of pixels, but this one is a little too busy for my tastes. A heavier crop would improve this IMHO.

Regards,

Frank

The Big Crop,

I brought one of you birdies you put up the other day. Cropped quite a bit and increased the contrast and the red channell a bit.. Huge difference.

The berries and birdy really stood out well. Think I did a little contrast to.

I don't know how you guys catch the "little" birdies. I have trouble with a buzzard... lolol

Best to ya.
Gale

jfenton said:
I went back for another shot at the Mockingbird this afternoon and strangely enough he was in the same darn bush. My neighbor liked this shot and as I owe her a favor, I figured I'd print it up for her. I've cropped a bit from the sides but as it's a fairly busy shot with all the branched and all, I figured I'd get your opinions / comments as to whether this works as is or if you'd crop down to something smaller / different?

Thanks in advance....

Jim, I would crop it tighter with some off the left as well.

Gordon

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom