Please critique.....

Discussion in 'People' started by Butlerkid, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Here are some shots taken on travel in Bhutan. I really want to improve my skills in order to capture photos of people in their natural environment.

I posted in the travel section but didn't get much feedback. Constructive comments welcomed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  2. These are lovely shots....What lens did you use...Do you ask these people before you take a picture of them?

3. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Thanks, Arnie!

I should have mentioned that almost all of these were taken with the D200 and the 24-120 VR.

Yes, I smile and hold up my camera, thereby asking permission to photograph them.

4. EssieK

EssieK Guest

Nice shots - I really like #1 and #3. It's just something about seeing people behind a chicken fence that makes my skin crawl though :) Nice composition in #4 too.

5. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Very nice shots. #1 is my favorite of the group. It really sets the location.

6. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen

Thank you for commenting! #3 was at medium sized nunnery up in the mountains. The chicken wire served as the window and window screen!
    Accommodations were very basic.

#4 - the light from the exterior was nice!

Thank you! I like that one too! Somehow the main figure evokes the peacefulness of Buddhism and I like the younger monk looking at the main figure.

7. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen