Please help CS2.....I am stupid

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by TR_Fox, Oct 5, 2005.

1. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    I have looked every place I can think of from the help files to the web. :confused: :confused:

I have about 70 or 80 shots that I want to overlay the "© 2005" on for a web post. I can do this one at a time however I can't seem to get this to batch. I don't really want to sit and do each shot. Could someone please help the learning impaired with how to do this. It would be greatly appreciated

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    The problem I hit when trying to automate this is that many people have used the trick of saving their signature/copyright as a brush that can then be applied to an image. Unfortunately, brush-strokes cannot be recorded in an action.

The only way I've found to do this is by using a text layer instead of a brush. But if you try to create a text layer action you'll find that for it to work consistently the images need to be a constant width, otherwise attempts to put the text at a certain location won't work. But if you can live with that constraint then it shouldn't be too difficult.

Steps to create a text layer:

1. Create a blank new layer
    2. Use text tool to create some text, setting the color/size/font to what you want.
    3. After typing text hit Enter and layer will become a text layer
    4. Use the Move tool to put the text where you want (bottom right corner, etc)

You can get fancy by playing around with the blend properties of the text layer, too.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

5. Say, nice tip on the alignment. Thanks.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    For a bit more control, you could even modify the 'PrintEXIF' script that's floating around and use that to place the notice. Scripting is aware of the dimensions of the image and so could place the notice in the lower right corner, for example. Another place to put the copyright is in the metadata.

Someone intent on stealing your image could crop off a notice in margin, and then claim to have never noticed the message. However they would have had to intended to remove the copyright notice if they removed it from metadata.

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2005