Please help identify this bug.....

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Lil Judd, Jul 29, 2007.

1. I was in luck just now as I was watering in the garden. I found this guy/gal and it was a willing subject for about 10 minutes as I snapped away with my Lester A. Dine Kiron 105mm Macro lens at f/11, ISO 400, On Board Flash with homemade diffuser.

What is it?

Thanks for your help & C&C is always welcome.

Lil:smile:

p398783867-4.

2. Hi Lil!

It´s a Katydid...

Some critic: you should have got it a bit out of the background :biggrin:

3. Would this appeal more to you?

Thanks for the feedback Jukka. Here's another one with slightly different pp - maybe it will appeal to you more?!.

Thanks for the feedback

p487851601-4.

4. Jukka nailed the ID. I like the image.

5. Thanks Dave. A few more on my web site. I feel I obsess a tad too much about the look of the histograms & should concentrate more on what appeals to my eye....

My histograms don't look what I believe they're supposed to look like when I pp as I prefer. Vibrant color & contrast....

Thanks

Lil

6. Both very nice, Lil!

I was prefering the leaf like appearence of the katydid :smile:

7. Nice image of the Katydid. I prefer the composition of the first shot.

8. Jukka - not sure what you meant. Sorry.....

Thanks Jukka,

I guess I'm just not sure what it was you felt I should have done differently about the background. I tried bringing it up from the background - but I guess that's not it either. Are you talking about DOF?

Can't do anything about that in this shot unless I blur in CS3 & I've seen results of that & don't like it.

Thanks, next time a bug presents me with it's side I'll try to remember to change my f/stop.

9. Thanks David

That's FF, no crop on the original.

Thank you for providing feedback so I can improve. There's always room to improve.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.