1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Please, help me decide!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Paulesko, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Paulesko

Paulesko

Jul 23, 2008
    Spain
    Hello everyone.

Lately (year and a half) I´ve working seriuosly as a wedding fotographer, and I really enjoy it, so I´m thinking of buying new stuff and begin to work on my own.

Well said that, I have serious doubts around which lenses to buy. These days I used to work with canon gear 17-40 f4 //70-200 f2.8 //50 f1.4 //85 f1.8 and a sigma 15 f2.8 fisheye

I also have to say that I have now a fuji s5 pro, and I will buy a FF camera as my main body, while fuji s5 will stay as a backup.

I´ve already sold all my dx lenses :D  in order to buy some new FF staff. I´m not looking for ultimate quality, so I think I´ll manage to work without primes this time.

These are my doubts

17-35+35-70
    17-35+28-70
    24-70

Look, I find very usefull that 17-35 I love the effect wern you set 17 mm I love going UW, but then....

35-70 (plus 17-35) is cheap and have macro feature for detail photo, like rings flowers and that kind of things

28-70 (plus 17-35) is expensive compare to 35-70, but more versatile, and I know is great because I´ve already used it (I haven´t used 35-70 though)

24-70 (alone) I loose that 17 mm that I love, but I think is the best of all at 2.8..... Haven´t used it.

To complete my gear, I have 14-24 and 70-200 coming.

What do you think?? I like 17-35 and 28-70 combination, but it´s really expensive comparing to the others. I don´t want to take my 14-24 to a wedding, I prefer to use it in a more controlled environment, I don´t want to break it :) 

Your turn

thanks!

2. 17-35 and 28-70. The 28-70 (the Beast) is my bread and butter lens. It's the first one I put on my camera the one I take most shots with. The slight overlap gives you a bit more flexibility.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.