Please help me find a picture

Everyone,
I just lost a picture on my computer and can't find it. I used a program to crop a picture that I took with my D300 this morning. I clicked 'Save', but it's not there. I've searched and searched.

DSC_2359 is gone.

BTW, I'm using Vista Home Premium if it matters.

Thanks in advance.

If you click on the windows icon in the bottom left you should be able to type in "DSC_2359," and you will find it.

If not, it probably isn't on your computer.

I did that. The computer can't find it. I've heard that Vista is not good at searching. I looked in the recycle bin. It's not there.

Were you by chance opening the pic directly from your memory card? if so, it might be on the card itself if you just clicked "save" instead of "save as." Have you tried using a wildcard "*" to search for the file like: DSC_235*.* where it will look for any variations of the file number including any extension. What file extension where you working with? JPEG, TIFF etc...

Edrod13, thanks for your help.

The picture was opened in Fuji FinePix Viewer. I have Nikon Transfer set up to delete images after they are downloaded to the computer.

I did try a wildcard search. I can't find it. I was working with a .jpg file.

I'm still looking! :smile:

Edrod13, thanks for your help.

The picture was opened in Fuji FinePix Viewer. I have Nikon Transfer set up to delete images after they are downloaded to the computer.

I did try a wildcard search. I can't find it. I was working with a .jpg file.

I'm still looking! :smile:

Try opening up Fuji FinePix Viewer again, and if it has an Open recent files option, see if the file you are missing is listed there....

I have Nikon Transfer set up to delete images after they are downloaded to the computer.

I always transfer pics to my pc manually and then I format the card in my camera once I put back in. Not sure if this is pertinent to you, but something to consider if you shoot for money.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom