please help me......re:D50 and old lenses

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by laurie sullivan, May 30, 2007.

1. hey there all,

what i'm trying to try is shoot the moon. exposure is not my problem, i have lenses from my old system. (N2000). a 210mm zoom, 2x macro converter, tripod, remote release and my new D50. the body AF is turned to manual and i still can't get the focus on infinity. am i using the wrong converter? is there something i'm not thinking of that you can open my eye's to?

thanks for your time and insight.

laurie

2. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    does this "macro converter" have elements in the glass? or is it an empty tube? if it doesnt have elements (and maybe even if it does) then you're effectively limiting the infinity focus and shortening the closest focusing distance also. basically, you're not looking for a macro adapter, you're looking for a teleconverter

good luck

3. thanks for your reply,

i thought the same thing. can i use my AF teleconverter with a old lens on the new body? my ultimate goal it to by a 300mm, but i have to wait for the cash to show up from a ebay sale.

laurie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.