Please help me with ITunes

I have a slight emergency. I use Rhapsody and have a Sansa, so I'm not familiar with ITunes and IPods. My 70+ year old neighbor does not have a computer at all, but her granddaughter has an IPod Shuffle. She asked me to add her granddaughter's new CD to her Shuffle. Not a problem, I think. Glad to do it.....

So I pull up Rhapsody, rip the songs from the CD into my library, add them to the Shuffle. They show up on Rhapsody and will play on my computer from the Shuffle. Can't play them with only the Shuffle and the headphones. So, I find I need ITunes. I download and install it, plug in the Shuffle, and ITunes proceeds automatically to sync the Shuffle. Groovy!

Except it deleted all the other songs on the Shuffle. There is nothing there but the songs from the CD. Since these are not my songs, I did not "back them up" on my computer, so as far as I can tell, they are just GONE. Rhapsody also sees nothing but the songs from the CD.

My neighbor asked me specifically not to delete anything off the Shuffle. I'm guessing this isn't the first time this has happened....

Please help!

Ouch. Hopefully she had her songs backed up on a different computer back home, cause if not they are probably toast. Each iPod syncs to a computer and does not (in general) permit syncing with multiple computers and libraries. When you resynced it to your computer it wiped what was on there from before. There may be someone more savvy than I that could restore the songs, but I think without access to whatever computer it was previously synced to it might be impossible.

Dang! They don't have a computer at all, so someone else loaded those songs for them. Hopefully those songs are somewhere else.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom