Please help with CS2 Camera Raw

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by LarryD, Oct 27, 2005.

1. I just purchased and installed CS2 using the Wacom 1/2 price offer. I'm very new to Photoshop and I can see it will be a stiff learning period for me. My problem is If I open Bridge or CS2 and double click on a NEF photo from my D2x trying to open it in Camera Raw a message says the program does not support the file? Could I not have CS2 installed correctly? If I convert the NEF to TIFF or JPEG in Capture it will open in CS2. The NEF thumbnails are showing in Bridge they just won't open! Thanks
    Larry

2. There is an update for CS2 on the Adobe site that should solve your problem...

go to support...downloads....windows or mac ......and look for raw 3.2 update... :smile:

3. Thank You Mike!! That did the trick.
    Larry

4. i wanted to thank both of you, I applied the info from this thread and fixed the problem on my machine as well. Usually I end up screwing it up worse but this time it worked. Question tho, do you uninstall photoshop CS once you have cs2 installed. I am afraid to thinking I will just end up removing the wrong stuff. Advice?
    Computer dummy dave

5. DAVE....I'll tell you what I did (cause I am a computer "chicken")....I left the old version on the machine for a month or so before I deleted so I knew the new one was working OK.... :wink:

6. Gotcha, Im a chicken too. I will wait a bit and then gingerly unistall CS

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Don't feel like you're a chicken. I consider my self somewhat experienced with Photoshop (I started with PS3), yet I still have PSCS on my machine in addition to CS2. On my laptop, I even have PS7 still installed. :BlueHair:

8. comforting Chris. Does leaving CS on the machine not downgrade overall performance?
    I am thinking in terms of the space it takes up on the drive.
    Dave

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I don't think there are any performance issues, and it takes up only about a quarter of a gig (out of 360.) I know there are some actions I have in there I might want, so I'll have to mess with it before deleting - this is one reason I still have it on there. The other reason is the horror stories I've heard about 'activation failures'. Should I lose activation on my copy of CS2, and not be able to get it back up and running right away, I will still have CS to fall back on. Although I would HATE to return to my CS workflow now that I've been spoiled by Bridge and acr 3.3.

10. points very worthwhile to consider. I appreciate the time you ahve taken to answer these questions. If it is not hurting anythiong than I will certainly leave it on the machine if for nothing more than as activation proof for my cs2.
    Dave

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Plus you'll know, if your drive starts to fill up, you can get another ... 256 CF card transferred over... :|

Oh, by the way, and I don't know if it makes any difference, I run it on Macs. I have PS 5.5 on my PC at work, and they are unlikely to upgrade it, as PS is seen as luxury software there (where they believe if a software application's name doesn't start with Microsoft™ then it must be a time-wasting game or something.)

12. Glad to hear you are a Mac person...sometimes I feel lonesome ;-(((

13. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I think there are a lot of us here. :Whistle: (in the dark)

14. papa85

papa85 Guest

Question ?

I will be changing to a larger computer next week and was wondering , On my old computer I have PS7. Over the last year I have downloaded 8 or 10 Actions to it, on the new computer I will install PSCS2. How can I transfer all of the actions over to the CS2, is it possible? using a PC.:confused:

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I go for the gusto and whoooosh there gone.....lolol

No problems. I Have a gazillion actions saved everywhere.. Take a few seconds to install the ones I use all the time. :>)))))))