Please help with downloading the Epson P-2000

I am ready to download the files from the Epson but don't understand how to do it. Would someone please help me with this?

So far, I have the AC adaptor pluged in as the manual says to do and I have the USB pluged into the computer.

All is downloaded and very fast I might say. However,my question is once all of them are downloaded, and I unplug everything, and bring up PS, where do I find my pictures? Am I suppose to move them from the "cards" file to another file on my computer before unpluging everything?

Thank you all so very much and appreciated.

I don't have one (yet) but I assume, since you have it connected to your computer via a USB port, that your computer can see the P-2000 as an additional disk drive. If this is the case, you should be able to use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the stored files to the folder of your choice on your hard drive.

To see them directly from PS, click on My Computer from the File Browser and you should see the P-2000 in the list of drives.

B

bpetterson

It has been some time since I went thru this.

Consider the P-2000 as a hard drive when connected via usb.
So between the user guide and manual you can experiment to see what is in the folders on the Epson to find your photos- now move them to a folder on your computer.
At some point you may want to make an album for those photos on your epson. when you have done that then your photos that you have downloaded from you flash card can be deleteted when connected to your computer. It is not neccesary- but you will now have an album and your original download. so you will lose space on your epson hard drive.

It is sort of a beast to get used to.

One thing that got me- was holding the start position- until I discovered by moving the switch all the way up that did the trick.

Birger

Thanks John and Birger. I named a folder in My pictures called D2X and moved them there. It would be much simpler if the Epson would transfer the photos to the folder you indicate it to.

Birger,

If I do a slideshow on the Epson would I do the same thing? Move it to another file and is the slideshow compatible with other programs such as Elements?

Thank you both for answering my question.

B

bpetterson

"If I do a slideshow on the Epson would I do the same thing? Move it to another file and is the slideshow compatible with other programs such as Elements? "

Haven't tried that. It would be doubtful if you could do it with the fade in and out that the Epson program does.

Nikon View has a slide show and I think Photoshop also does.
Irfan View also has a nice slide show [ it is free].

On another subject "focus" ??
Did you resolve it??

Birger

bpetterson said:
"focus" meaning the D2X?

Yes.

Birger

Birger,

I know that I am having problems with the 70-200VR for sure. The camera seems to not want to fire if the camera is tilted up just a bit. For example, if I am sitting down on the floor and my two little ones are standing up, I tilt the camera up to take a picture and it won't fire so then I have to even the camera to their height. I don't always shoot like this. I was just checking out the camera in various ways. Who knows maybe it is user error.

I want to send mine into Nikon and tell them to check it out along with the battery that I think I am having a problem with. Someone on the forum told me a way of checking the battery to see if there is a problem so that is what I am keeping my eye on now.

I only had the camera since Feb and I will wait a while before sending it in because I will dearly miss it.

B

bpetterson

That aiming up and not firing sounds like the sensor adjustment.
So a trip to the Nikon Doctor is in order.
Look on page 214 of the manual- Auto Image Rotation.

Yes you got your D2x just a couple of days before I did.
I seem to be OK- My S/N is 575. Jim Fenton who had all the problems was I believe S/N 595.

Birger

B

bpetterson

Your question about the 70-200mm and D2X not firing when tilted up to take picture of subject when you are on floor.

Question- were you in focal range?
If not it will not fire under default conditions.
I think the min focal distance is something like 5 feet.

Birger

Latest threads

Top Bottom