Please help with lint problem

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Greg, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    I have many images that need lint removed. these images are about 100 meg compressed and were created on a high resolution scanner. the negs are 9" x 9" and scanned at 1600 dpi (instead of the max 3300) We have been cloning these out but it's just taking way to much time. Tried the PS lint remover and it reduces the sharpness to much.

Here is a sample of what we are dealing with. any help would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Dust your photos off with a brush first and use an air bulb on the platen between scans. You'll still need to go after little dots, but the big stuff like in your example should get the brush off.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    This may work.

http://www.asf.com/products/ice/FilmICEOverview.shtml

Chris,

Greg's photos are on a roll and go through a lint remover automatically. I think the issue is that static buildup is pulling the lint back through onto the Zeiss scanner. Its a fully enclosed system and is hands off accept for the loading of the film.

Thanks,

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I see - then maybe a clean room - or more affordably, a clean box, is in order if the software solution is insufficient.