1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Please, just leave a message...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iLLMaCK, Aug 21, 2008.

1. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

If you call someone and they aren't there.
    Don't keep calling back, just leave a message!

lol

2. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
  3. Yeah - I hate when people do that - or call and don't leave a message - thats why people have voicemail!

ugh

4. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    OK, I'll play..... :wink:

All cell phones have a "Missed Call" function, right? My pet peeve is getting a missed call, then a VM that says "Hey, call me!".

Bill

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
  5. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    I hate it when people don't leave voicemail

6. I hate voicemail, I tell people just to send me a text message. I never listen to voicemail!

7. Well I had a comment about your waste of bandwidth statement, but I see the mods have removed it?????
    Just wondered if a hard to understand signature fell into that category:smile:

8. Muonic

Muonic

Jun 14, 2006
    Funny how different we all are. I don't like text messages. Don't much like voicemail either. :biggrin:

9. If it is important leave a VM, if not don't.

10. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    Here's something I saw on TV the other day:
    Ever have an occasion where you hope to get the machine so you can leave a message without the possibility of having to talk to the person? SlyDial sends your call directly to the person's voicemail (only works on mobile numbers). It shows up as a missed call from your number without ever ringing. Pretty cool huh?

http://www.slydial.com/

Also, in response to the OP, we were at home one Sunday and the Caller ID showed a call from somebody we work with. Didn't want to talk to him, so we let the machine get it. No message. He called 11 times within an hour for something that was not important at all. Never left us a message. Finally answered the phone to see what the call was about. My wife just shook her head in disbelief

11. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    Not to hijack the thread, but here's another phone-related rant.
    Ever answer the phone and have the caller say "I saw your number on my caller ID. Who is this and what do you want?" What makes it worse is when it's a business line that has 100+ possible users. I get calls like that all the time at my parttime job.

12. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    I'm with you!

13. with two teenage daughters, let me tell you, this is a HUGE problem. Offenders are given one request to not do that. Second time comes with a warning. Solves 99% of the problems.

14. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    My answer recorder is simple so ...I think the simpler the better and people will leave a message.

Mine says:

"You know what to do at the beep!"

15. I hate it when you go through the trouble of the message because you know that you're both busy and a call back will just waste time....then they call you back without listening.

16. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

I sometimes get voicemails w/ out a missed call, usually if i have bad service in whatever area I'm in.

I prefer text over phone calls, but this was at work.
    business land line phone = no text :( 

17. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY

DING DING DING!!!

Ditto this!! My outgoing voice mail clearly states "Don't leave a message!! I won't be checking back!"

You know I still get messages! :mad:  :mad: 

18. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    Mine says something very similar!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.