Please let me know which IR version you prefer

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Bohdan, Sep 26, 2005.

1. If any....of course...Three versions of the same unspectacular subject . Just curious which version if any appeals.
    large.
    large.

or #3
    large.

Thanks for any input...I

Bohdan

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I like the middle one best, I don't think the color tint to the other two adds anything. As for the middle one, it needs more contrast to add some punch, a little time in levels and/or curves should fix it up.

3. Thanks BayWing..I'll play with the middle one some more

Bohdan

4. Is this a little better?

large.

Bohdan

5. I definitely like the middle one that you just reworked. The extra contrast and "punch" really added to the look of the image.

6. I think if you could darken the sky just a little it would have the contrast necessary to really deliver. To my eye the lightest parts of the sky are too close to the lightest whites of the trees. Contrast makes all the difference. I would try making the sky just lighter than the water. If that doesn't work I'd try making it just darker than the water. I don't really care much for the green tinted versions.

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Probably doesn't count cause I don't see the same green as you do, but I like #3 the best. The tones of that version seem to bring out the most detail in the water, foliage and sky.

8. I'm colour blind myself...and I agree the 3rd is my favourite...

Darkened the middle one some more - dabbled in LAB mode here:

[​IMG]

Any improvement?

Bohdan