Pleased with Lifepixel Conversion

A couple of months ago I had my D200 converted to enhanced color IR. I am pleased with the outcome. Here are a couple of samples:

infrared_road_3519.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_08W0063.jpg

Thanks to All

Thanks for the nice comments. With regards to the conversion, Lifepixel does three conversions, B&W at 830nm, Standard at 720nm and Enhanced Color at 665nm. I selected Enhanced Color for the color effects seen in my photos. It is unfortunate the price has gone up. More infrared to come.

I think I might get a D80 for conversion since it shares the same battery as my D700 and is relatively cheap.

Beautiful images, I like the enhanced color conversion. Just wondered if you have tried to reverse the red/blue channel in PP. I am curious as to what that would look like with the enhanced conversion.

Very nice!!

so if you convert your camera, does that mean you cant shoot regular colors anymore?

Yes it does mean that. You pretty much have to commit one of your camera to IR as the conversion is permanent. It could be reversed but that too is as difficult as the original conversion.

Awesome shots...color and composition. I am going to the Big Island in February and bringing my IR D70. Can't wait to sample the local scenery.

Beautiful images, I like the enhanced color conversion. Just wondered if you have tried to reverse the red/blue channel in PP. I am curious as to what that would look like with the enhanced conversion.
Thanks. Have not tried to reverse the channels. I use aperture and photoshop, so I'll do a search to see how this works. Appreciate the input.

Awesome shots...color and composition. I am going to the Big Island in February and bringing my IR D70. Can't wait to sample the local scenery.

Thank you very much. The Big Island is great. Hopefully you can get to the volcano - it is pretty special right now. I have a few shots on my website if you are interested. You will have fun.

Great composition and colors. Love the effects of the enhanced conversion. Will have to get another camera converted to the enhanced version of livepixel.

This one is probably my favorite infrared photo. It was taken early in the morning at the taro fields near Hanalei in Kauai. By the way, I just transferred some of my photos to zenfolio and I hope this link works.

p224954090-5.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom