Pls post your 35 1.8 shots using a d700 or D3

I'm curious to see what this DX gem can do on a full frame camera. I'm thinking about buying one because I can't afford the 35 1.4 G right now and I read at Cameralabs.com its as sharp in the corner like its more expensive brother.

Its really nice on full frame but it will take fixing (or at least lessening) the Vignetting in post or else do a crop. I just picked up a D700 a couple weeks ago and was going to sell my 35mm 1.8G until I gave it a shot on my D700. I've not been able to get the time to get more in depth workout it but in low light and those DOF shots its really nice. Here are 2 shots.. no Crop or vignetting correction both wide open.

Pic_1543.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pic_1542.jpg

Thank you for the samples John. I normally shoot portraits and the 35 MM is my favorite focal length as well, how are these on portraits?

Not sure how well it would work for portraits. I noticed looking at some other shots if you stop down past f5.6 the vignetting turns solid black in the corners. I was planing on taking some test shots against the bathroom tiles to check distortion and vignetting. I'll post them up here and toss in a self portrait as well.

D700 + 35 1.8G FX mode

5325785794_c6ed54a9cb_z.jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom