Plug-in's compatible with CS3?

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Fishjump, Apr 7, 2007.

1. I am in the process of packing to leave on vacation early next week, and had decided to take advantage of the Apple discount and pre-order CS3 and have it delivered and available on my return.

However, it occurred to me that I am assuming that the existing plug-ins (I have CS2) would work with CS3.

Does anybody have any first hand knowledge to that fact?

I have both nik sharpener 2.0 & color effects 2.0, together with several Fred Miranda plug-in's.

I have a imac dual intel.

Thanks in advance,

2. The way I understand it, plugins won't work if you are running CS3 in universal binary mode unless each plugin has been upgraded for that. You can still use them, but you have to use CS3 via Rosetta, which will be slower. So it all depends if you have new universal versions of the plugins or not. None of Fred's have been upgraded yet, but I suspect they will be soon for an additional cost (they are so cheap to begin with that is no big deal). Any actions should work fine.
  3. joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC

The nik and Fred Miranda plug-ins currently do not work with CS3. They are not Universal Binary (yet). The PhotoKit, Noise Ninja, Neat Image and FocalBlade plug-ins are available for CS3, some in beta form. They all work well and very fast with CS3.

4. Thanks Tim and Joe. It appears that I'll hold off ordering CS 3 until I can use at least my Nik sharpener.

I guess I could also run both CS2 and CS3 and revert the images back to CS2 for final sharpening.