Pocket wizard info

Hello all, I'm thinking about getting a pocket wizard and am wondering if it will activate the autofocus as I want to mount my camera on a 10 or 15' pole and will not be able to pre focus it. I would welcome any suggestions..thanks in advance!!!!!

Pocket Wizard will not activate the autofocus. It will communicate with another pocket wizard device, allowing you to use off-camera flash.
PocketWizards can be use as remotes for flash or camera. PocketWizard WILL activate autofocus as long as the camera is not setup for back button only AF activation. Using PocketWizard Plus III I can do a half-press on the remote will activates autofocus.

Have you considered CamRanger?
This would be a much better solution if you want to see what your camera sees - You can use a laptop or tablet to control pretty much all aspects of your camera's shooting functions with CamRanger- and actually see what you are shooting.

Or if you own Lightroom, you can shoot tethered. I don't believe it will allow for live view with Nikon cameras, but you will see the shot after you take it.

F15Todd - I only use the PW flex TT5s and Mini TT1s. They have never auto-focused my Nikon cameras. However, I have no experience with the PW II, IIIs, or Xs - so will have to defer to you on that.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom