1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pocket wizards beware.... Knock off Report..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spudsbud, May 15, 2007.

1. Hi there,
    A couple weeks ago I posted that I ordered a remote trigger device from the other side of the ocean !!
    It was $29.00 + $5.00 for shipping. If it turned out to be garbage, it wouldn't break the bank.
    I am happy to report that after playing with this thing for an hour or so, I delighted with it. Pix attached are self explanatory. Set up in 3 minutes!
    with my D200 & SB600 across 2 rooms in the house. OK, not a gymnasium...YET !
    Did not misfire once. 20+ shots.
    If you're considering PW's and not lighting up a Volleyball court, it will fire up to 4 flashes at once! I found them on The Strobist.
    get them here <Gadgetinfinity.com>

very straight forward.

Ohh, and I did NOT specify what type or make of camera I have.

orig.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 95732

View attachment 95733

2. Hello Jim.

I have exactly the same types, only with some other badges on them. I use these for several months (got them via eBay directly from Shanghai) and made hundreds of shots without any drama or malfunction (with D2H, D200 and SB-800, SB-600, SB-24) whatsoever.

Only the mechanical quality is a bit ... aaah ... poor, but if you and handling them with a little caution, it will work out fine.

Regards

Mattes

3. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    i ordered mine last week after seeing the strobist report.. my only gripe right now is that it will probably take about 15 days to get here =(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.