Pocket wizards beware.... Knock off Report..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spudsbud, May 15, 2007.

1. Hi there,
    A couple weeks ago I posted that I ordered a remote trigger device from the other side of the ocean !!
    It was $29.00 + $5.00 for shipping. If it turned out to be garbage, it wouldn't break the bank.
    I am happy to report that after playing with this thing for an hour or so, I delighted with it. Pix attached are self explanatory. Set up in 3 minutes!
    with my D200 & SB600 across 2 rooms in the house. OK, not a gymnasium...YET !
    Did not misfire once. 20+ shots.
    If you're considering PW's and not lighting up a Volleyball court, it will fire up to 4 flashes at once! I found them on The Strobist.
    get them here <Gadgetinfinity.com>

very straight forward.

Ohh, and I did NOT specify what type or make of camera I have.

orig.

View attachment 95732

View attachment 95733

2. Hello Jim.

I have exactly the same types, only with some other badges on them. I use these for several months (got them via eBay directly from Shanghai) and made hundreds of shots without any drama or malfunction (with D2H, D200 and SB-800, SB-600, SB-24) whatsoever.

Only the mechanical quality is a bit ... aaah ... poor, but if you and handling them with a little caution, it will work out fine.

Regards

Mattes

3. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    i ordered mine last week after seeing the strobist report.. my only gripe right now is that it will probably take about 15 days to get here =(