Point Lobos

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Mike Z, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    I drove down from San Francisco to Santa Barbara last week. Here are several shots that I took along the way. I usually like to shoot early morning or late afternoon, but these were taken late morning. All with the D2h. Sorry for the length of time to load, but Pbase seems to be slow these days.

Point Lobos:

2. Pretty country and lovely images.

3. Point Lobos is a lovely place and you are lucky to have found it devoid of fog. You photos (except #1, which I couldn't open) show the grand pacific beautifully.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Gordon and Virginia, Thanks for the kind words, pretty country is an understatement.

Virginia, I wish there had been fog. I was disappointed in the flat lighting, but I got there at 11:00 in the morning and had to take what I was there.

Mike

5. Mike, now you have a reason to come back. Fog is mostly a summer time thing. It was so pretty today blowing in over the coastal hills, our natural air conditioning here on the San Francisco peninsula. I only wish I had a photo to show you, but there are a few here in my Pbase gallery, "Hawk Hill and the GGNRA", if you'd like to take a look.
    http://www.pbase.com/beaucamera/hawk_hill__the_ggrna

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. Gorgeous scenery for sure an you did a great job of capturing it for sure

7. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Virgina,
    I've spent a lot of time in the SF area since my daughter lives there. Each trip finds me in the GGNRA at least once. There are many photos on my website of that area. I really enjoyed your shots, especially No. 10. Where did you take the shot from? I don't think I recognize the bridges or the skyline behind them.

8. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Mike,
    Thanks for the kind words. I live in the Chicago area and I was overwhelmed when I pulled into the parking area at Pt. Lobos. There was so much beautiful scenery. You walk down a path to get to the ocean and each turn in the path reveals a new visual treat.

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    The colors on these are so rich. I think you did a great job in late morning.

10. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Terri,
    Thanks, I wish it was my skill, but if you've been there on a clear day. you'd see that colors are unbelievable.
    Mike

11. Excellent exposures especially for late morning light.