Pol filter for all my lenses!

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by johan_w, Jun 12, 2007.

1. johan_w

johan_w

Feb 27, 2006
    Im going to get a pol-filter for two if my lenses. The 70-200VR and Tokina 12-24mm. Both 77mm. But I want also the polfilter to fit my 18-70DX and it would be great to have it on 105VR Macro lens to.

So, the questions are:

- What Pol filter is the "best"
    - What kind of stepup/stepdown rings do I need to dit a 77mm on a 18-70 DX lens?
    - Will i get any vignetting with step up/down rings?

That all.

2. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    The 18-70 has 67mm front threads and the 105 VR has 62mm threads so you will need a 62-77mm step up filter adaptor and a 67-77mm step-up ring

As for which filter, I would recommend the Hoya Pro-1 line. With the Tokina, you are subject to vignetting if the filter is too thick. THis won't be noticeable on the other lenses which have a narrower field of view.

I have the Hoya S-HMC CPL which works fine but it doesn't have front threads so I can't leave it on the lens and still put a lens cap on. I wish I had noticed that when I bought it.