polaroid sx-70

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by DrewC, Apr 1, 2007.

1. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    anybody familiar with it? my grandpa is cleaning out his house, and wants to give it to me... apparently they're worth a good chunk of money, but for sentiment and what-not, i'd definately keep it... i've been meaning to buy a polaroid camera for more than just snap-shots, i think they have a cool quality to them...

anyways... who can tell me more? i wanted first hand accounts but i WILL be googlin' it too...

-drew

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    If you can still get film for it, they are great! It's an slr type camera, and you can go at the photos with a stylus and move the emulsion around after taking the picture. I have some shots I did with one back in the 70s somewhere, if I can find them, I'll scan and post them.

3. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    yeah, i've been reading up on some cult-following type sites... and the film is fairly easy to come by... the flashes apparently arent quite as easy... i sure cant wait...