Pollinators

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Jerry Snider, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Here are a few bumblebees from yesterday. Enjoy. Appreciate critical input.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Incoming!!

[​IMG]

Jerry Snider

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jerry,

Excellent work

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Excellent work Jerry!!! I have shot of this same flower i posted last week. Do you know what it is?

Thanks,

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I know that one Patrick, it's a Purple Coneflower

I have tons of them around my house. They're Perrenials, and they proliferate like nobody's business!

5. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Patrick,
    These are purple coneflowers and at one time proliferated in midwest prairies as native plants. Considered by many wildflower folks as one they like to see in the wild. Can you imagine looking over vast acreage of native prairies and seeing these things proliferating through the native grasses?
    J. Snider

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Well captured Jerry. If it were me, I might back off the USM a very tiny bit. Would give a little more natural look IMO. Overall very excellent though. I really like the 'incoming' shot. :wink:

7. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Excellent point, Frank, and have already done so on the prepped files. Also have cut back a tad on the magenta for the flower petals. The incoming pic shows a tad of movement due to the bee buzzing in directly over my head!
    Thanks much for the input.
    Jerry Snider

8. Very nice picture Jerry, that lens might be my next I buy or maybe the 85f2.8 Pc micro