Pollution

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by biggstr6, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Biggs,

Very interesting shots, and the second is my favorite. In the first I seem distracted by the trash in the pipe, but otherwise I love the details and lines in that photo.

the second, , wow, great abstract, great colors, just a great capture. A wall hanger in my opinion. Of course, what wall and where would be another story. :) Where would one put an image of pollution or waste? hmmm, anyway, I wonder if the water? in the left corner would be better in the image as you have it or crop it out? Would that make this fine image better or worse?

Anyway, nice shot. Very interesting layers.

Wade

2. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Wade ,
    Thanks For looking . I agree about the trash in the first one , I wish I would have noticed it when I shot it.

The second I think would be better without the blue water in the corner,But thats where some good orange color is too. Probably would require a reshoot and twist the camera to a different angle.

Thanks for your imput.

3. And very often the smell that come with pollution.

4. It's interesting to note what bacteria growth will do for a photographed scene. Well seen and taken image.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I actually like the flotsam in #1. It adds to the degeneracy of the scene and brings about an emotion of decay, something that is not out of line with floating garbage. Maybe that's why you didn't see it in the original scene.

The colors and motion are GREAT!

6. Personally I think the small bit of trash adds to the impact. It immediately marks the nature of what's going on, like a subtitle in itself. I might not immediately think "pollution" without the bit of trash to drive home that it is "our" trash and our actions that do this. It reminds me of the human involvement and highlights the un-natural nature of pollution. That is what I see when I look at that image. Now if the trash had been the center of focus it would be more distracting, but as is I find it to be a subtle underlining message. It really does speak to me.

As for where to display an image such as this, I think it would make an excellent advertisement against corporate dumping, or promoting clean-up campaigns. The market for that could be funded by any number of environmental groups. If that were my image I would shop it around. There's an entire industrial genre that pays for images like this for all sorts of reasons. You can sell anything that demonstrates an impact on the environment with a statement as strong as this. My immediate reaction to your photograph was due to my response to how disgusting I think it is, but that's exactly what you want; an emotional response.

7. Let's see them eat that stuff on Fear Factor! Now, that would be a great season opener. :eek:

The second is a nice abstract I suppose. Kind of looks like a topo-map of some strange world.

Too bad there is so much pollution in this world. :frown: