Pomodori e Mozzarella

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pa, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Carefully wash and slice ripe red tomato fresh from the vine.

Arrange on bed of fresh spinach. Top with fresh basil, grated mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle with olive oil.

Ecco:

[​IMG]

Probably doesn't belong in this forum, but what the heck.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ohhhh boy that looks good Pa.

handing plate over....

3. Terribly allergic to spinach, can I use romain lettuce instead?? Looks yummy otherwise! :wink:

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Oooh, looks yummy! I love everything in that....I might even add a drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar...Very nice shot, Pa. You should post that in the recipe thread in the General forum!

5. Actually, in Italy they don't use spinach. That is my wife's addition.

So you can be a purist and use only "pomadore, basilico e mozzarella di buffalo" (the original is made from buffalo milk).

6. Great look to this image and it makes me wish it were sitting in front of me. Yummmmm

7. Pa that look really good.

Crystall you can indeed replace the spinach with romaine salad. In the recipe from Harry's Bar in his insalata di pomodoro E mozzarella he use: tomato, mozzarella, romaine salad, olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper and strips of red bell pepper.

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very appetizing, Pa. You have quite the flair for shooting foods.

9. Dubbly yummy!!

10. Getting very hungry now! That is one of my favorite salads. I especially like it with focacia (sp). Food photography has a fatal flaw...it makes you very very hungry. :lol:

11. Maybe we need another category for food pictures :lol: (!).