Pomodori e Mozzarella

Carefully wash and slice ripe red tomato fresh from the vine.

Arrange on bed of fresh spinach. Top with fresh basil, grated mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle with olive oil.

Ecco:

31146015-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Probably doesn't belong in this forum, but what the heck.

Oooh, looks yummy! I love everything in that....I might even add a drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar...Very nice shot, Pa. You should post that in the recipe thread in the General forum!

CrystallP said:
Terribly allergic to spinach, can I use romain lettuce instead?? Looks yummy otherwise! :wink:

Actually, in Italy they don't use spinach. That is my wife's addition.

So you can be a purist and use only "pomadore, basilico e mozzarella di buffalo" (the original is made from buffalo milk).

Pa that look really good.

Crystall you can indeed replace the spinach with romaine salad. In the recipe from Harry's Bar in his insalata di pomodoro E mozzarella he use: tomato, mozzarella, romaine salad, olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper and strips of red bell pepper.

Pa said:
CrystallP said:
Terribly allergic to spinach, can I use romain lettuce instead?? Looks yummy otherwise! :wink:

Actually, in Italy they don't use spinach. That is my wife's addition.

So you can be a purist and use only "pomadore, basilico e mozzarella di buffalo" (the original is made from buffalo milk).

Dubbly yummy!!

Gilles said:
Pa that look really good.

Crystall you can indeed replace the spinach with romaine salad. In the recipe from Harry's Bar in his insalata di pomodoro E mozzarella he use: tomato, mozzarella, romaine salad, olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper and strips of red bell pepper.

Getting very hungry now! That is one of my favorite salads. I especially like it with focacia (sp). Food photography has a fatal flaw...it makes you very very hungry. :lol:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom